Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Tax-Aid? Tax-Aid is a nonprofit organization that helps people with their tax issues year-round.
- Who can use Tax-Aid? We help people who need help with income tax issues and have a household income below $55,000 a year.
- How much does it cost? Our services are absolutely FREE. Yes, free. We are a nonprofit organization and do not charge for our services.
- Wait, free? How can that be? We have generous donors and corporate sponsors that support Tax-Aid so people who cannot afford to pay for tax help, get free expert tax assistance. For a list of these generous donors click here: https://tax-aid.org/sponsors
- My situation is complicated. Can Tax-Aid help? Most likely we can! We have expert volunteers many of whom are tax professionals. Drop us a line with your issue and we’ll look for the volunteer with the right skills to fit your needs. Be as specific as possible.
- Help! I’m in a rush and have to deal with this issue now! Whoa, take a breath. We want to understand your full tax situation and do things right, the first time. That means we want to find the best volunteer expert to help you and that may take some time. Hang in there.
- I have a bunch of jobs and tax documents for all of those. Can Tax-Aid help me? Yes, we can!
- How do I get started? You can get started by filling out our tax questionnaire and collect your tax documents shown in the “What to bring” list on the right-hand side of the page.
- I haven’t received my tax refund. What should I do? Click here for your Refund Status & Tax Payment Options https://tax-aid.org/refund-status-tax-payment-options/
How Can We Help You?
- Download the tax questionnaire and documents we need to help you. Here is the tax questionnaire you will need to complete. Click below to download a copy of our questionnaire.
English Chinese Questionnaire |English Spanish Questionnaire
- Documents we need: Here is what we need to help you with your taxes.
- Contact Tax-Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-229-9240
- I prepared my own taxes last year. I think I could do it myself. Do you have free tax software I can use? Good for you! If you earned less than $36,000 last year you can use our free version of the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax. Click here: