Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Tax-Aid? Tax-Aid is a nonprofit organization that helps people with their tax issues year-round.
- Who can use Tax-Aid? We help people who need help with income tax issues and have a household income below $60,000 a year
- How much does it cost? Our services are absolutely FREE. Yes, free. We are a nonprofit organization and do not charge for our services.
- Wait, free? How can that be? We have generous donors and corporate sponsors that support Tax-Aid so people who cannot afford to pay for tax help, get free expert tax assistance. For a list of these generous donors click here: https://tax-aid.org/sponsors
- My situation is complicated. Can Tax-Aid help? Most likely we can! We have expert volunteers many of whom are tax professionals. Drop us a line with your issue and we’ll look for the volunteer with the right skills to fit your needs. Be as specific as possible.
- Help! I’m in a rush and have to deal with this issue now! Whoa, take a breath. We want to understand your full tax situation and do things right, the first time. That means we want to find the best volunteer expert to help you and that may take some time. Hang in there.
- I have a bunch of jobs and tax documents for all of those. Can Tax-Aid help me? Yes, we can!
- How do I get started? You can get started by filling out our tax questionnaire and collect your tax documents shown in the “What to bring” list on this page.