California recently enacted a coronavirus relief package providing much-needed relief to the state’s small businesses and stimulus payments to residents with low income. The new law will give eligible California residents a $600 or a $1,200 one-time payment. To learn more about the Golden State Stimulus visit Golden State Stimulus FTB
Watch our webinar about Golden Stimulus:https://youtu.be/cVbSDTBSY_Q
This is a one-time $600 or $1,200 payment per tax return. You may receive this payment if you receive the California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) or file with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). The Golden State Stimulus aims to support Californians with a low income.
Anyone making less than $75,000 a year will be eligible for $600 checks. Taxpayers without children can get $600 while those with children can qualify for $1,100.
No. If you already filed your 2020 taxes and received a CalEITC refund, you will automatically be issued the payment via direct deposit or check.
There are currently two stimulus payments.
1) $600 payment to taxpayers with a Social Security Number who qualified for CalEITC (making $30,000 or less);
2) $600 payment to qualified ITIN filers making $75,000 or less;
3) $1,200 payment to qualified ITIN filers who also qualified for CalEITC.
1) $600 payment to taxpayers with a Social Security Number making $75,000 or less who did not receive a first payment;
2) $1,000 payment to qualified ITIN filers making $75,000 or less and have one or more dependents.
3) Additional payment for families with dependents: Qualified families who file with a Social Security Number with one or more dependents are eligible for an additional $500.
If you filed your tax return between January 1, 2021-March 1 2021: You will receive your stimulus payment beginning after April 15, 2021.
If you filed your tax return between March 2, 2021-April 23, 2021: You will receive your stimulus payment beginning after May 1.
If you filed your tax return after April 23, 2021:
To make sure you receive your payment, file your 2020 tax returns by October 15.
If you qualify, you only need to file a complete 2020 tax return to receive the Golden State Stimulus II payment. To qualify, you must:
The Franchise Tax Board anticipates issuing payments around September 2021
Visit Help with Golden State Stimulus for more information.