Come Volunteer with Tax-Aid.
Tax-Aid is only able to achieve our mission through the incredible efforts of our dedicated volunteers. Whether you’re preparing taxes or greeting clients you’ll change lives and make an immediate difference. And have a little fun while you’re at it. We need experienced tax preparer volunteers to help us with our virtual tax services. Please send an email to email@example.com.
Top 10 Reasons to Volunteer
- Taxes are cool!
- You can tell your friends and family about this really cool thing you’re doing.
- You might get to tell a family that they are getting a tax refund!
- You can add this experience to your resume & LinkedIn profile.
- It’s a fantastic networking opportunity.
- You will be making a difference in someone’s life!
- You’ll get to use your brain.
- All volunteer opportunities are skills-based.
- You’ll be able to learn new things about taxes.
- You’ll be making your community a better place
We recommend ALL volunteers watch this short Welcome video from Tax-Aid’s Executive Director Jill Sturm. Welcome Video
Returning Tax-Aid Volunteers
- Review the directions for Certifications, Link & Learn and Practice Lab
- https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/vta-2021-01-final.pdf Certification FAQ – includes some cautionary notes regarding tax law scenarios
- https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5379.pdf Link and Learn directions
- https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5377.pdf Practice Lab directions
- The following resource guides will assist you in the practice lab and certification
- You may access the practice lab and certification from this link. You will need to create a personal log in and password
- https://www.linklearncertification.com/d/ Access Certification and practice lab (pw: TRAINPROWEB)
- After you complete the certification process, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a PDF copy of your VITA certification.
Volunteering with Tax-Aid 365
Tax-Aid 365 is our year-round service. We help people with tax issues after the tax season ends between the months of May through January. If you have any questions contact email@example.com
Do you have another skill or talent? Tax-Aid needs help with other areas such as event planning marketing, SEO, data analysis and more. Let us know what you can do or visit our virtual volunteer platform page on Catchafire here: https://www.catchafire.org/organizations/tax-aid_13663/projects/
If you have additional questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what a client had to say:
“I was referred to Tax-Aid when I realized I could not do my taxes alone this year. I had lost my home and all of my belongings in the Sonoma County fires. When I was doing my taxes I decided I needed to itemize for the first time in my life.
I got a call back immediately. It was already a few weeks until taxes were due, but Jill made me feel very relaxed and assured me it would be done by the due date. There were some technical difficulties, on my part, that were accommodated. If I forgot a bit of information Jill would contact me. This was made so easy for me!
When I got my final papers, I was getting a substantial refund due to my losses. The forms were filed. As it turned out the IRS was missing one form. So I contacted Jill. The volunteer who had prepared my taxes immediately contacted me and also updated the new form I needed to accompany the missing form. I never would have been able to do it on my own. I was able to send it to the IRS and have now received my refund.
I am forever grateful to Tax-Aid, Jill, my tax preparer and all of the volunteers that work to help those of us who need it.
What an amazing service! Thank You So Much!” Lorayne