Tax-Aid has been helping low income families prepare their tax returns in the San Francisco Bay Area for
25 years. We offer direct services to low income neighborhoods through the volunteer efforts of
accountants, lawyers and other professionals who design, manage and implement the program. Together
we strive to improve and expand our service of providing tax preparation assistance to low-income
families who are eligible to claim available tax credits.
We are seeking volunteers to become Site Manager Trainees. Our teams of volunteer Site Managers are
responsible for running the operations at 27 Bay Area locations. Selected candidates will work directly
with an experienced Site Manager this coming tax season and shadow them at their site. The goal is for
the Site Manager Trainee to practice the organization, interpersonal and leadership skills while
supervised by a Site Manager so that the Trainee can then assume the position of Site Manager the next
Report To: Tax-Aid’s Program Manager, Minnie Sage
Hours: 6 hours per week from Jan-April.
- Commit to volunteer all sessions of the assigned tax site during the season.
- Support the Site Manager from your tax site.
- Attend applicable training workshops and site orientation classes.
- Work with the public in a positive, respectful and empowering manner.
Preferred Skills, Experience, Attitude and Availability
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with people from diverse life circumstances.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to cope well in a high-stress situation.
- Interest in furthering your:
- Leadership skills by working with an all-volunteer team
- Real-time problem solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Tax background desirable but not required.
- Experience working with low-income communities desirable.
- Must be available on Saturdays and some evenings.
- Must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and flexibility
- Bilingual skills desirable (English/Spanish, English/Cantonese or English/Mandarin).
- Further your knowledge of tax law and utilize industry standard tax software.
- Meet and network with tax and legal professionals.
- Help make a substantial difference in the lives of clients.
How to Apply:
- Register online for training at www.tax-aid.org.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and send us your name, email, and phone number and explain why you
would be a good candidate for this position.